Make these beautiful bouquets for Mother’s Day with a clean plastic 20 oz water bottle, cut up pastel paper, coffee filters, colored markers, wood dowels (3/8 in. ), Mod Podge, scotch tape.
Instructions for the mosaic vase are below:
1. Cut several sheet of pastel (or any pretty paper) in any shapes.
2. Lay them in front of you. It’s best to put them in a big platter.
3. Starting on one side of the bottle brush the Mod Podge with thick paint brush or damp sponge. Start putting the pieces of thepaper in any fasion you want. Smooth any corners with the Mod podge.
4. Repeat that step for all sides of the bottle. When it’s dry, go over with another coat of Mod Podge. It will have a nice shine to it.
Directions for bouquet are below:
Coffee filters (3 to each flower)
Wood towels (painted green)
1. Take coffee filters at a time, coloring the top filter with colored markers with any design you want. Place a dampened paper towel on top of that. The color should seep through all 3 filters. You can go over with marker till color desired. Take all the filters and let them dry for ahwile.
2. While you are waiting, paint the dowels with green paint (any craft paint will do).
3. Put the 3 filters back together with same design and fold them in half, fourths, eighths.
4. Punch a small in the middle where you will push the wood dowel in. Push it in so that only 1 1/2 inch is visible at the top. Twist the filters good at the bottom and secure with scotch tape. Fluff the layers and you should be able to see the dowel in the middle of the filters.
When you get a bouquet (3 stems or more) put them in the mosaic vase you made and it will be the best gift ever for Mother’s Day because it’s from homemade.